Xootr Dash 4th Generation
XOOTR kick scooters are made in the USA.
The 4th Generation is the latest iteration of Xootr scooters which come with the convenient Quickclick latch for easy folding. Earlier generations come with a pin that needs to be removed and re-inserted during folding/unfolding.
The Dash is the newest model in Xootr's kick scooter line-up. It is built on top of the same frame structure and uses the same large, fast polyurethane wheels as all other Xootr's models.
The deck is made from a plastic material that is available in two colors: blue and red. The reason for the plastic deck is to reduce weight. The Xootr Dash is the lightest Xootr model at only 4.5kg.
This change in deck material does not sacrifice on strength, because the deck rests on the same frame structure as all other Xootre models. The Dash kick scooter can still support over 363 kgs. The platform for the Dash manual scooter offer a slim profile allowing the kicking foot to stroke very close to the centerline of the deck for optimal bio-mechanical efficiency. The narrow deck also makes it easy to carry in crowded subways or buses and other tight quarters such as restaurants, shops, offices, etc. It is also a great choice for packing in suitcases to take with you on vacation or a business trip.
The Dash delivers the same efficient kick and the ease of carrying as the Roma model, but with a lower overall weight due to the plastic deck. The longer deck allows you to fit both feet 'goofy-style' (one foot in front of the other) unlike other adult kick scooters. If you live in a cramped city apartment, often travel in and around crowded areas, or are just looking for the most affordable way to obtain the performance of a Xootr kick scooter, the Dash is for you.
- The lightest Xootr kick scooter
- Patented steering and quick-click latch folding system
- Plastic resin deck
- Narrow deck allows for optimal kicking efficiency.
- Ultra-low-resistance polyurethane tires for a super-efficient glide
- Shielded, self-lubricating bearings
- Award-winning industrial design
- Handbrake and rear fender brake installed
An optional original Xootr strap is available and sold separately.
Our Specialist Opinion
A Xootr scooter is one of the best money can buy. If you care about rolling efficiency (i.e. how far each push can get you), Xootr scooters are unmatched. The wheels roll so well that they have been adopted for the sake of performance advantage in technical distance races.
If you care about a kick scooter being portable and easy to carry, The Xootr Roma is perfect for you. At only 4.5kg, it is the lightest model in the Xootr lineup. The intentionally slim deck also allows your pushing feet to strike the ground extremely close to the vertical line of your center of mass, which is both more comfortable, stable and energy efficient. If you already own another kick scooter, you will feel the difference the very instant you stand on the Dash and push. Highly recommended for technical riders who appreciate the performance that only a carefully designed quality tool can deliver.
- Deck (platform): Plastic resin
- Frame construction:CNC machined 6061-T6 aluminum rails
- Wheels: 180 mm diameter, ultra-low-resistance polyurethane tire on die cast aluminum rims
- Bearings: Shielded, self-lubricating R8ZZ bearings
- Grips: Black conformal foam, cork and colored silicone available
- Locking mechanism: Quick-click latch
- Handlebar: TIG-welded 4130 steel
- Brake: Front brake with BMX-style brake lever. Additional rear brake available.
- Wheel diameter: 7.1 inches (180 mm)
- Wheelbase: 28.3 inches (720 mm)
- Overall length (deployed): 35.4 inches (900 mm)
- Folded dimensions: 31.1 inches L x 9.4 inches H x 12.6 inches W (at handlebar) (790mm L x 240mm H x 320mm W)
- Min handlebar height: 25 inches (635 mm) from the deck
- Max handlebar height: 38 inches (965 mm) from the deck, accomodating adults up to 6' 7" (201cm)
- Max deck width: 4 inches (100 mm)
- Max deck length: 24.0 inches (610 mm)
- Max rider weight: Over 800 lbs (363 kgs)
- Weight: 10 lbs (4.5 kgs)
- UPC: 810078000020