Xootr MG Black 4th Generation (with strap)
Note on availability: This scooter is available by pre-order only. The next batch arriving in Singapore are estimated to land sometime before Christmas 2019. Please order early to get one on this order.
XOOTR kick scooters are made in the USA.
The 4th Generation is the latest iteration of Xootr scooters which come with the convenient Quickclick latch for easy folding. Earlier generations come with a pin that needs to be removed and re-inserted during folding/unfolding.
The deck of the Mg is solid magnesium, providing the lightest deck structure of Xootr's wide-deck models. The Mg has a beautiful, sleek, and modern look. The Xootr Mg is said to be the most advanced push scooter ever made, which is why it is Xootr's best selling model. It offers a wide deck which provides comfortable cruising, allowing you to have both feet side by side on the deck unlike other adult kick scooters.
- Dual brakes: installed with both rear fender brake and bicycle-style hand brake lever
- All-magnesium deck for light weight
- Wide platform for comfortable cruising (ride with feet side by side)
- Ultra-low-resistance polyurethane tires for a super-efficient glide
- Shielded, self-lubricating bearings
- Award-winning industrial design by Lunar Design
- Patented steering and folding system
- Rated as the top kick scooter for adults in 2017
An optional original Xootr strap is included.
Our Specialist Opinion
A Xootr scooter is one of the best money can buy. If you care about rolling efficiency (i.e. how far each push can get you), Xootr scooters are unmatched. The wheels roll so well that they have been adopted for the sake of performance advantage in technical distance races. The MG is the main model for Xootr. It is favoured for its large wide deck and solid design. Some riders may find that the deck rattles when rolling over rough surfaces. The single price solid die-cast magnesium alloy deck does somewhat amplify sound like a guitar body, but this is a small price to pay for the comfort, durability and butter-like glide. Choose this ( or any Xootr ) if you want a solid, trusty kick scooter for everyday use that will last practically forever. You will also have bragging rights for owning the "Rolls Royce" of kick scooters.
- Deck (platform): Powder coated solid cast magnesium
- Anti-slip: CNC machined dots
- Frame construction: Cast aluminum
- Wheels: 180 mm diameter, ultra-low-resistance polyurethane tire (black) on die cast aluminum rims
- Bearings: Shielded, self-lubricating R8ZZ bearings
- Grips: Black conformal foam (ergonomic, gel padded grips available)
- Folding mechanism: QuickClick™ Latch
- Handlebar: TIG-welded 4130 steel
- Brake: Front brake with BMX-style brake lever. Additional rear brake available.
- Wheel diameter: 7.1 inches (180 mm)
- Wheelbase: 28.3 inches (720 mm)
- Overall length (deployed): 35.4 inches (900 mm)
- Folded dimensions: 31.1 inches L x 9.4 inches H x 12.6 inches W (at handlebar) (790mm L x 240mm H x 320mm W)
- Min handlebar height: 25 inches (635 mm) from the deck
- Max handlebar height: 38 inches (965 mm) from the deck, accomodating adults up to 6' 7" (201cm)
- Max deck width: 7.4 inches (187 mm)
- Max deck length: 25.0 inches (635 mm)
- Max rider weight: Over 800 lbs (363 kgs)
- Weight: 10.9 lbs (4.9 kgs)