Xootr Roma 4th Generation (with strap)
Note on availability: This scooter is available by pre-order only. The next batch arriving in Singapore are estimated to land sometime before Christmas 2019. Please order early to get one on this order.
XOOTR kick scooters are made in the USA.
The 4th Generation is the latest iteration of Xootr scooters which come with the convenient Quickclick latch for easy folding. Earlier generations come with a pin that needs to be removed and re-inserted during folding/unfolding.
The Xootr Roma is similar to the Dash model in that it offers the same compact profile. Unlike the plastic resin deck of the Dash, the deck of the Roma is CNC machined from a solid block of 6061 aluminum. The narrow deck of the Roma allows the kicking foot to stroke very close to the centerline of the deck for optimal bio-mechanical efficiency. The narrow deck also makes it the easiest model to carry in crowded subways or buses and other tight urban spaces such as restaurants, shops, offices, etc. It is also the best choice for packing in suitcases to take with you on vacation or a business trip. The Roma delivers the most efficient kick and the easiest carrying of any push scooter. The longer deck allows you to fit both feet 'goofy-style' (one foot in front of the other) unlike other adult kick scooters such as the Razor A5 Lux, Know-Ped, or Micro. If you live in a cramped city apartment or often travel in and around crowded areas the Roma is for you.
- The lightest Xootr kick scooter with a metallic deck.
- Narrow deck allows for optimal kicking efficiency.
- Ultra-low-resistance polyurethane tires for a super-efficient glide
- Shielded, self-lubricating bearings
- Award-winning industrial design by Lunar Design
- Patented steering and folding system
An original Xootr strap is included.
Our Specialist Opinion
A Xootr scooter is one of the best money can buy. If you care about rolling efficiency (i.e. how far each push can get you), Xootr scooters are unmatched. The wheels roll so well that they have been adopted for the sake of performance advantage in technical distance races.
If you care about a kick scooter being portable and easy to carry, The Xootr Roma is perfect for you. At only 4.8kg, it is considered very light for an adult kick scooter. The intentionally slim deck also allows your pushing feet to strike the ground extremely close to the vertical line of your center of mass, which is both more comfortable, stable and energy efficient. If you already own another kick scooter, you will feel the difference the very instant you stand on the Roma and push. All these make the Xootr Roma the fastest and most efficient Xootr model. Highly recommended for technical riders who appreciate the performance that only a carefully designed quality tool can deliver.
- Deck (platform): CNC machined 6061-T6 aluminum
- Frame construction: Cast aluminum
- Wheels: 180 mm diameter, ultra-low-resistance polyurethane tire (black) on die cast aluminum rims
- Bearings: Shielded, self-lubricating R8ZZ bearings
- Grips: Black conformal foam (ergonomic, gel padded grips available)
- Folding mechanism: QuickClick™ Latch
- Handlebar: TIG-welded 4130 steel
- Brake: Front brake with BMX-style brake lever. Additional rear brake available.
- Wheel diameter: 7.1 inches (180 mm)
- Wheelbase: 28.3 inches (720 mm)
- Overall length (deployed): 35.4 inches (900 mm)
- Folded dimensions: 31.1 inches L x 9.4 inches H x 12.6 inches W (at handlebar) (790mm L x 240mm H x 320mm W)
- Min handlebar height: 25 inches (635 mm) from the deck
- Max handlebar height: 38 inches (965 mm) from the deck, accommodating adults up to 6' 7" (201cm)
- Max deck width: 4 inches (100 mm)
- Max deck length: 24.0 inches (610 mm)
- Max rider weight: Over 800 lbs (363 kgs)
- Weight: 10.5 lbs (4.8 kgs)